Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB interface (help urgent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatimajoy

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
usb interface with matlab

hello! how can I interface a fingerprint scanner into matlab?
I need a step by step process on how to do it.
I have a Graphical user Interface(GUI) that I created in matlab which has a push button. What I want is when the push button is click and the user place his finger in the scanner the fingerprint image will appear in the GUI. Any help?
All I know is that I need the data acquisition toolbox to do it?

usb interfacing in matlab

you can use VISA application on matlab.first you should find a national semiconductor usb controller and you should be able to implement its commands.if your finger print equipment has a an A/D converter thats better in this way only you have to do is connecting scanner output to the usb controller input and data will flow into allocated memory in your computer by visa.and you can process this data by specifying the path to your GUI.rest is yours.

any other method that I can use? or this is the only way? thanks!

Hello , i think first of all you require raw finger print data for that you require Image sensor ( i think Omni vision sensor are best and also low cost ) ..

now you want this data forwared to PC via USB for that you require USB Controller ( MIcrochip 18F is the best choice ) and then use this data in MPLAB..

I have alredy amde one project which is Finger Print Image Catcher with above mension tools but i dont use MPLAB..

OK,.. Best Of Luck,

i've checked the VISA application in matlab. How would I know if my fingerprint scanner(U.are.U digital persona scanner) is one of the device supported by matlab or if it has an A/D converter?(should I look in the specs)? And if not how would I interface it?
thanks again!

Pls. send any kind of suggestions or methods that could help me in interfacing usb fingerprint scanner into matlab.

can anyone help me???? pls...

Status
Not open for further replies.