Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB communication without uC

Status
Not open for further replies.

giorgos3924

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I want to make a USB communication between pc and pcb without microcontroller.
how can do that?
I want to use Visual Studio, C++ for software driver.
What i need for the hardware except microcontroller?

there is something ready?

thanks!

I agree with john blue. You need something that can "talk back" to the USB controller in the PC. There is handshaking, Ident and all sorts of data transactions that need to occur for the PC to recognize and "talk" to an external USB device. Your board needs a logical-brain of some kind... either a pre-packaged USB IC, or build your own microcontroller.

If you want direct control, you have to go back to using the parallel port :)

probably the simplest thing is to buy a USB development kit such as this from Microchip
**broken link removed**

it has a prototyping area and comes with sample programs to enable it to communicate with a PC host

I have FT232RL.

there is something software driver for this?
something schematic?

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

how can i take the data from FT232?

I have used the FTDI RS232-3v3 cable which offers similar facilities to the FT232RL.
USB TTL Serial
When I plug the rs232-3v3 into a USB port it gives a virtial COM serial port (download drivers from the FTDI web site) which you talk to like a normal COM hardware port usinhg terminal emulators such as teraterm pro or your own program.
Looking at the documentation on the FL232RL
https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/DataSheets/ICs/DS_FT232R.pdf
it works in a similar way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back