Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

US Foundries(standard cell)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_D

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know what what foundries are still located in the US? I found a couple, like Honeywell, that are, but they were all a rad-hard process, which is overkill for this design. However, no details of the design can be exported.

Thanks,
Mike

i've heard about foundries for compound semiconductors in NC area. i know that cree has a foundry, not sure of RFMD from the same area. Not for standard cell though.

Chartered and IBM use the same process, but yes, Chartered is outside the US and cheaper.
Some others:
LSI
Freescale
TI
AMI
Atmel
Areoflex
Cypress
Lattice
Actel
If I think of more, I'll post.

The biggest and most mainstream US foundries have already been named. There are a few other niche/specialty merchant foundries I can think of:

Jazz Semiconductor (Irvine, Califronia)
Lucent? (long time ago, when they were still part of AT&T?)

Why does it have to be in the US ?
Chip could be designed anywhere and shipped over to you.

Also some of the foundries mentioned are pretty low-tech for todays standards...

What geometry do you want 0.18 / 0.13 / 0.09 ..... ?

Thinkie, some military and space customers require the designs be sent only to "trusted" foundries.

gliss said:
Chartered and IBM use the same process, but yes, Chartered is outside the US and cheaper.
Some others:
LSI
Freescale
TI
AMI
Atmel
Areoflex
Cypress
Lattice
Actel
If I think of more, I'll post.

Freescale is now fabless..

Intel fabs are for Intel designs only. They don't provide fab services to customers.

Added after 4 minutes:

deh_fuhrer said:
Freescale is now fabless..

I don't think so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back