Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

urgent(sdf back annotation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snr_vlsi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

This is in reference to annotating delays through sdf on a hierarchial design.

I have an hierarchial design with three subdesigns. I want to annotate the delay of these three subdesigns to the top design.

I have written out sdf files for each subdesign through design compiler.

Now, when I want to read all the three subdesign sdf files together, each time I have to change the current design to the respective subdesign and then read in the corresponding subdesign. Is there anyway where in I can read in all the three subdesign sdf files together without using current_design command in design compiler.

Now after reading in all the three subdesign sdf file, when I write the sdf file for the top design, there is a problem.

The delays present in each subdesign sdf file and the top design sdf file are not matching.

How to solve this.

Thx
snr_vlsi

Has the problem been resolved?

dude do

write_sdf filen_name # this will write sdf for the whole design

write_sdf -instance_name "give instance name" filename2 #this will write sdf for the sub-design.

For details, please look for write_sdf help under design compiler

Is there a special reason to write SDF for just sub-instances and not for the whole design?

Is there a special reason to write SDF for just sub-instances and not for the whole design?

Yes. In this case, you want to check timing of a block that you are interested in, not the whole design. This could be much faster than timing of the whole design.

Are you talking about the time needed to back-annotate the design? As soon as the design is back-annotated, the timing checks should take the same time... Am I wrong?

Are you talking about the time needed to back-annotate the design? As soon as the design is back-annotated, the timing checks should take the same time... Am I wrong?

you are right. Please do more research then ask further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back