Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unsual results when I increase the length of CPW in IE3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

swapna2009

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

please can anyone help me out with this,
i was trying to design directional coupler with CPW and microstrip in ie3D, i got good results but when i try to increase the length of the CPW the magnitude of S parameters should not change only phase should change , but my problem is everything has changed.

i am using the infinite ground plane.

thanks,
swapna

Hi, swapna2009:

If the CPW line is not close to 50-ohms, the magntitude will change with length because the s-parameters are normalized to 50-ohms instead of the port impedance. Regards,

hi jian,
first of all thanks a lot for your reply, I was verified so many times but Cpw line is 50 ohms impedance only. i am using the differential ports for CPW, and one more thing is before increasing the length of CPW S parameters are going above 0 dB at lower frequencies, after increasing the length of CPW those type behavior is not appeared that means s parameters are below 0 dB at all frequencies,

can u please suggest me what may be the mistake?

thanks,
swapna

hi there,
I'm seraching for a method to have best W, G and L parameters in CPW Line when I would change microstrip/Cpw.

I used to work with LineCalc in ADS, but, I get some unusal resluts comparing with the same microstrip design!!

I think that I need help, may be I'll get solution
thx in advance

Hi, swapna2009:

You can send me the related files and I can have them checked.

hello jian,

sorry for the delay, i sent those files to your jian(at)zeland.com e-mail.

please check them once.
thanku so much

swapna

hi swapna ,iam solving an IEEE paper..design of an antenna for UWB(3.1-10.6 Ghz) using CPW feeding.How to define ports for this CPW feeding ,can you help me out ?
I am attaching my .geo file...Can u please put the ports and upload me...it is very urgent to me, i have to submit the results in 1 week..tnx in advance

hello naresh,

i have updated that file with CPW ports, just run it once , and let me know whether u get desired results or not.

good luck

bye.

i to used same type of port definitions..but it didnt cover uwb range..is there any other option to get the results ..

i guess problem is not with port definition, r u sure about impedance matching? i mean correct dimensions of cpw?

Hello swapna,
dimensions are correct as per the ieee paper..if u want just check it out ,iam uploading paper..and tnx for the reply

Hi there!

I have exactly the same problem with AWR!!!!
Did you guy find the smoking gun ?
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back