Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unstable TIA stage simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja13

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am simulating a TIA simulation stage followed by a non inverting amplifier stage. Between, there is a RC high pass filter to remove DC value.
The Fc of that filter is bad chosen (too high compared to the equivalent frequency of the pulse input) and generates a voltage under 0V at the queue of the pulse, as shown below).

exemple_figure_pulse_negative.png

This is then the input of the second stage (standard non inverting amplifier stage), which is made with an asymetric AOP ( 0 to 3,3 V).
So, I guess that its output cannot be negative as its input. This is what I see in simulation but not in measurement. Do you have any explanation ?

Thank you in advance,

Small negative overshoot is no indication of instability.

Please show the complete circuit and simulation results.

In simulation maybe the model clamps the input at 0V and in reality the ESD or parasitic diode at the input cannot really conduct with ~ -500mV undershoot.
Share more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.