Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unexpected behavior in the freq response of my transimpedance amplifier design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Unfortunately I'm back here. I thought it would be all joy and fun with the simpler series topology (within its limitations) but I found sth else that I don't know how to deal with.

I attach the TF of this last circuit, and as you can see, there is a peak at approx 240 MHz (and 500Mhz??) that always includes a HF component in my real output. It doesn't seem to be affected by the compensation capacitor (which should avoid any oscillation, as well as reducing the bandwidth, when it's relatively high) and there is no information about high frequency (f>100MHz) behaviour (output impedance...) in the LMH6624's datasheet.

As a comment, I don't think it's created by some combination of the two OpAmps, since I can see it as well when I have just one stage/one output (single OpAmp - LMH6624)...

Any idea?
Thanks a lot in advance

Attachments

• peak240MHz_TF_LMH6624.png
    peak240MHz_TF_LMH6624.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 51

Status
Not open for further replies.