Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UltraSound Range Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

binsad

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ultra sound range meter

Hi,
I was about to start a project "UltraSound Range Meter".
In the receiver section, i was seen that there are 2 stages of amplifiers in order to amplify the received signal to 1000 times. Can i use a single stage amplifier instead of 2 stages????

ultrasound range meter

Hi ..
one year ago, I made that project,
I used two OP. I have found resistance values for cascade amplifiers
configuration.
The first circuit had 10 of gain, then there were a filter and finally the second amplifier (100).

The cascade configuration avoid noise between stages.

Regards,

meter ultrasound range

use the instumentation amplifier Ad620
it has a gain of 1000 and is a 8 pin IC

though it is costly

Added after 21 minutes:

this IC have the Max gain of 1000 , which is adjustable with only one resistor

ad620 ultrasonic

A good suggestion at the wrong place. AD620 has a signal bandwidth of about 10 kHz at G=1000, not particularly suited for ultrasonic, I think. You actually need an amplifier with a higher gain bandwith product to realize G=1000 for e.g. 40 kHz. Using a two stage amplifier is the most simple solution if you depend on easily available standard parts.

Furthermore, there is no use for a differential amplifier in a simple single ended application. An one OP inverted or non-inverted amplifier's gain is also adjustable with only one resistor, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back