Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UC3843 smps design frequency problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineer2017

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to design smps with UC3843 but I have a problem. When the input voltage is changed from 60 to 40 Vdc, frequency is changes. The output voltage does not change.I added smps circuit and switching pulses. Yellow is switching pulse, blue is output of RT/CT pin. What is the problem?

IMG-4522.JPG

Attachments

• IMG-4523.JPG
    IMG-4523.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 92
  • maxresdefault (1).jpg
    maxresdefault (1).jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 165

Hi,

Yes, what is the problem?

If you want a constant frequency, use a crystal oscillator.
If you want a constant voltage power supply then use an SMPS. And that's what it does.

The picture shows a pulse skipping mode ... apperantly you use the SMPS with no or low load.

Klaus

The 3842 series do change frequency a little with voltage I'd guess 10 - 15% for what you said, it probably isnt a major problem in a lot of supplies as the control loop makes up for it.
The chip is able to be synced to another oscillator, its in the datasheet.
If you need a little more precision like not as good as an xtal osc regulate the supply to the chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back