Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ubuntu 5.1 Xilinx WebPack8.1 problem with cable drivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radek

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ubuntu linuxdrivers.2.6.tar.gz

Hi,

Finally got my CPLD chips and was going to program them via Impact. I have PLDIII parallel interface what Impact is supporting directly. However to make it work I have to compile the modules to be found here:
**broken link removed**

Downloaded, unpacked and was running the typical configure/make route but... First the "modpost" error what I was able to fix after quick looking at the configure script. Then make file was created but compiling resulted in numerous warnings and errors. One of them was the kernel was old (Linux ubuntu 2.6.12-10-386?!) and it could not find many header files thought they exist.

So what I can do now?

Try harder to compile it - yeah why not I will be trying.

Change distribution to the one what is guaranteed to work?

Go back to windows (sigh)?

Use some other software than Impact to program my CPLD chips?

update:

Still not succes but small improvement - installed the additional libc headers (as hinted with configure output) and fixed some dumb bugs in the makefile (configure generate it with "xxx = yyy" statements instead of "xxx=yyy") and got less errors.

Regards and thanks,

Radek

Status
Not open for further replies.