Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Uart wirless comuniction module

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajeesh

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
which is the low cost wireless uart module

i just need low cost one

rf modules is the cheapest

my project is transmitting characters from pc via com port to my lpc 2148 board and display characters on lcd . already i have rf module , but continuously characters flowing on lcd without sending from pc when i using rf module

its ok on wired connection i mean without rf module

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

i think that is noise ....?????

how can i avoid noise ?

what kind of modulation are you using??? and what frequency???? what distance??? and is it a commercial project or a student project???????????

if it commercial project then how critical is it????????, and what LNA do you use?????

rf modulation , 434mhz, 2 mtr, student project

but characters are flowing on lcd without connecting transmitter module when i connect my receiver module

it is not noise... you are not controlling VT and TE pins.....

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

which modules are you using put your code and circuit diagram....

Hi friend,

what is the VT and TE pins?? for the LCD or for the PIC?

I believe low cost rf modules are not capable of handling UART data directly. Try any coding techniques like manchester or encoder and decoder ICs HT12E and 12D etc.

Good Luck.

when having trouble you should ALWAYS,ALWAYS,ALWAYS post a schematic of your circuit so others don't have to GUESS on how to help you.
It sounds like you are not using any encoding in your code. You can use a holtek HT12E encoder for the transmitter and a holtek HT12D decoder for the receiver.

Search and you will find lots of examples.

i think circuit is not built... he just have idea... i doubt why he is worrying about noise and module specification for just a simple project... follow the data sheet given for the module.............

I believe low cost rf modules are not capable of handling UART data directly. Try any coding techniques like manchester or encoder and decoder ICs HT12E and 12D etc.

Good Luck.

Low cost RF Module still can handle low baudrate UART. I have try with 1200bps.

Status
Not open for further replies.