Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two stage opamp differential feedback with different i/p and o/p common mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlsi_design2

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am designing a two stage differential amplifier with different i/p common mode voltage and o/p common mode voltage. When I connect it in closed loop using resistors R2 and R1 , dc current will flow due to difference in common mode. Is it ok for dc current to flow when the amplifier will be used in closed loop ? I want to characterise the closed loop response like step response etc.. Thanks

In the electronic world it is usual to describe circuits with schematics just to know what in the world you're talking about. Anyway, what about adding a buffer stage at the second stage output just to decouple output biaasing effects on the attenuation resistor divider?

In the first order, it's the resistive load by the feedback resistors that affects amplifier gain, not the dc output current. A two stage fully differential amplifier is surely far from an ideal amplifier, adding output buffers can be a step to improve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back