Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

two question about 4:2 compressor verilog module

Status
Not open for further replies.

craftfox

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
verilog compressor

i just want to know how to deal with the cin singal of the first 4:2 compressor, set it to zero?

another question: when the consecutive high bit position (j+1) is a CSA,how to deal with the cout singal of the current bit position(j)'s 4:2 compressor, just discards it?

i read this page,but i still don't know how to deal with the fist cin signal and the last cout signals. I write a picture to describe my question.

you can ground the first cin signal or use just a full adder since not all 4 bits are present. the last cout pin can be discarded as it does not change any significant bits in the product.

craftfox

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
if i use a [4-2] counter at 12th bit position, the cout signal will be discarded. I think it isn't right . I think i must use a [4-2] counter with 3 inputs at 13th bit position absorbing the 12th cout singal. Is it right??

I have finished this project. Thanks for your help!
You know, i think i use the right method. When use the [4-2] counter, you must absorbing the last bit position's cout signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back