Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

two fully differential opamps, different gains, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
about opamp gain, pls

thanks all, but how to do an lvs_extract? is it equivalent to an 'No RC' extraction?

besides, i find some points:
as the figure shows, the left part is the two nmos pairs of first telescopic cascode stage of the opamp, A B are the source end of the nmos tail current pairs, and they all connect to GND, V1 V2 are the output of the first cascode stage, and also the input of the second stage, as the right part shows. in pre-simualtion, when i connect Vin+ to Vcm+1V (AC)and Vin- to Vcm-1V (AC), DC simulation shows that V1=V2, VC=VD; but due to the current in GND line, the two voltage of A B is different (there is a resistor between A and B), VA=0.6mV and VB=0.9mV; because VB is larger than VA, so VD is larger than VC (about 10mV), and V2 is larger than V1 (about 800mV);therefore, the upper PMOS transistor above V2 enters triode region, and DC gain decreases a lot; when i improve the layout, and decrease the voltage difference between VA and VB from 0.3mV to 0.03mV, the DC gain has a increase of 30dB, but still much smaller than expected; however, to make VA exactly equals to VB is very difficult, ok? i don't konw whether i make my ideas clear, but i expect your answers and suggestions. thanks all.

about opamp gain, pls

Those transistors should be interdigitated. If you do so, the voltage difference at the sources will be (almost) zero. You should do so for all the transistors in the telescopic amplifier!

about opamp gain, pls

i have made those transistors interdigitated, but still has the above problem. Now the voltage difference between A and B is already very small (0.03mV), but the whole DC gain of the two-stage opamp is still much smaller compared to pre-simulation, any other suggestions? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back