Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two books on electronics help me to choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

petrof

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Two books on electronics

Hi, this is my first post here, so treat me with some understanding, please :)

I heard that the best book for beginners is Electronic Principles by A.Malvino, but in my library I found only Electronic Devices by T. Floyd. Could you tell me if those books are comparable to each other???

Hi,

Both books will give you good basics understanding of electronics. They both have troubleshooting techniques and cover all the electronic components.

I would go for T. Floyd because it is clearer for me.

Best regards,
Bruno

Thanks for your opinion

But it doesn't seem to you that Floyd's book keeps mathematics to a minimum and there may be too large gap between this one and Microelectronics by Sedra/Smith to clearly understand the other??

Re: Two books on electronics

petrof said:
Hi, this is my first post here, so treat me with some understanding, please :)

I heard that the best book for beginners is Electronic Principles by A.Malvino, but in my library I found only Electronic Devices by T. Floyd. Could you tell me if those books are comparable to each other???

For the beginner Electronic principle by Malvino is excellent, as it give you detail but basic circuit analysis with minimum or very basic mathematics. Other book is also good but you go for it for the 2nd option.

Other book is also good but you go for it for the 2nd option
Can you explain it to me cos I don't get it:)

petrof said:
Other book is also good but you go for it for the 2nd option
Can you explain it to me cos I don't get it:)

I mean first read the Malvino book completly then go for the floyd book.

I too prefer Malvino.....It is better to start with Malvino's book and then go for other one.......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back