Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Turn OFF/ON circuit continously

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShuKosugi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys...hope you all doing good today...I am looking for timer switch that can turn on and off the switch continuously. For specific needs, the circuit should turn-on the switch 6min and then turn off, after 5sec it will turn-on again for 6min and so on...Please help...thanks.

your post did not say about whether you require a readymade switch to meet your requirement or you want to make one with components.

anyway, for this 6min ON and 5 sec oFF , the switch rating is to be known .
whether it is switch a load , and at what particular voltage (AC/DC) and current.

I would like to build my own components...switch/relay is to use to on and off 24Vdc line from the system.

the options:
1) a 555 timer based one. but the timing for 6minutes ON may not be accurate.
2) a digital counter based one. you have to wire the counter ICs and make a driver and PCB.
3) a microcontroller based. write a program and with relay driver , 6min ON and 5 sec OFF can be done. You must be already familier with programming microcntroller.

The last option is flexible , with a ready made MCU kit and making a small PCB for driver and you can test with your varying requirement.

Depending upon your controller knowledge(AVR/8051) , you can choose the one that suits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back