Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tsop3838 with PIC16f877??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinashe paul

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tsop4838 with PIC16f877??

I ordered a component(TSOP 1838) but i think the supplier made a mistake and packed the wrong component.On top of the component it is written :
19 503
V 4838
I suspect that this is a TSOP4838 and i downloaded the datasheet.I am sending modulated IR signal at 38kHz (1ms ON and 1ms OFF) using a PIC16F877.The output of the TSOP4838 is a square wave(1ms LOW and 1ms HIGH) regardless of whether it is obstructed or not.I have used different capacitors(100nF, 10nF,1uF,4.7uF,33uF and 100uF but there is no change.What could be the problem.
The datasheet specifies that:
•Suitable burst length 10 cycles/burst
•For each burst which is longer than 1.8ms a corresponding gap time is necessary at some time in the data stream. This gap time should be at least 4 times longer than the burst.
•After each burst which is between 10 cycles and 70 cycles a gap time of at least 14 cycles is necessary
What is the problem???????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.