Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TSMC Inductors Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

OZZAA

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
I want to mimic the layout TSMC 0.18um technology's Inductor to get approximately the same results using ADS Momentum tool at 10 GHz.
Where it consists of M6 (Blue wire) and M1(Green wire), with the same dimentions of the original TSMS inductor at cadence layout.

Untitled7.png

there is a signifiacntly difference between the results of the TSMC saved data at ADS and the data extracted using Momentum as follows:

Firstly: I built the following circuit the L and Q at 10 GHz were 226 pH and 18, respectively

Untitled1.png

Secondly, I used the extracted Em model from the layout of the ADS
when I used 3 single ports (input port was in the left of the M6 wire, Output port was in the right of the M6 wire, and the 3rd port was connected to the M1 wire (GND port)
the L and Q were 135.7 pH (significantly decrese) and 14.1 (Little change, and accepted), respectively.
When I used 2 diffrential ports, the 1st one was at left and was attached between M6 and M1 wire, the other was at the right and also was attached between M6 and M1 as follows
Untitled5.png

the L and Q were 209.6 pH (little change, and accepted ) and 2.8 (big change), respectively.

Any advice to know why there was a big difference between the results or did I assign the ports improperly?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 86

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back