Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

trying to pick a gps module

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgz

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

I think the only discriminator all of these modules will output the same NMEA formatted data. Maybe the last one might be the easiest to integrate into your platform.

Also if you have the time and patience try contact ublox and trimble and request a evaluation kit of one of their gps modules. It will cost $0 but it may be time consuming working with the companies reps.

Unfortunately SKM53 is not available at stores like sparkfun or Adafruit. Now after searching for a while i found two gps modules which i thing suit my needs. The first one is EM-406 and the second is mtk3339. Both have similar characteristics but the mtk3339 has better accuracy and better sensitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back