Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying Spice Amplifier Tutorial for J2N3819, no graph and no errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator3

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
UPDATE2: if somebody try this tutorial in ltspice4: add transistor to library, draw scheme, edit "Simulation cmd" and RUN. Then press Pick visible traces and it works perfectly! Thanks for your attention.
UPDATE: oh sorry, i found how to measure the current from help. But i can't add that circle "I" for automated current measurement...

Hello!
I am trying this tutorial : http://bear.cwru.edu/eecs_cad/tut_spice3_jfet_bias.html
it is written for Spice3. I am using LTSpice4.

* Jfet DC nest sweep
V1 Ngate 0 DC 0
V2 Ndrain 0 DC 0
J1 Ndrain Ngate 0 J2N3819
.model J2N3819 NJF(Beta=1.304m Rd=1 Rs=1 Lambda=2.25m Vto=-3 Is=33.57f Cgd=1.6p Pb=1 Fc=.5 Cgs=2.414p Kf=9.882E-18 Af=1)
* Nest DC sweep
.DC V2 0 20 .1 V1 -2.6 0 0.2
.END
So the question what am i doing wrong. I opened example, pressed "Run", no error appears, only black I-V graph without any curves.

Thanks!

Last edited:

You'll want to chose cicruit nodes for curve display, e.g. with the probe symbol. Or read the manual how everything works.

Last edited:

ADS files can't be read by SPICE. You can possibly copy the SPICE transistor models included in the ADS files. There are tutorials how to import component models and macroc subcircuits into LTSpice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back