Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trouble building bipedal robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsthescottdog

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to build a bipedal robot. However, I'm having a lot of trouble keeping it balanced and controlling the servos. Don't laugh at me, but I'm using 6-channel RC controllers to control the robot. The final robot will be rapid-prototyped and will only be about a foot tall.

My question is, does anyone know any designs that will make this robot walk? I've got about 20 high-torque servos, 6 RC transmitters and recievers, and no robotics hardware.

Walking in balance is difficult especially for bipedal robot.It is significant issue on bipedal project.You may find some advanced robot developed by some famous company such as sony and honda.They use ZMP criteria for balance.
I wonder how do you want to do to you project,Is it just a toy that needs only walking?

Hi Pal !....

If you will ask me, I will prefer building a 3 or 4 wheeled robot that can explore any terrain, and it will be very exciting, and it can be very useful, and it will save you from the problem in balancing your robot .........

1_C_E_M_A_N

Added after 2 minutes:

Hi Pal !....

If you will ask me, I will prefer building a 3 or 4 wheeled robot that can explore any terrain, and it will be very exciting, and it can be very useful, and it will save you from the problem in balancing your robot .........

1_C_E_M_A_N

What kinda sensors do you use?

Isn't it basically similar to buidling a DIY segway?

**broken link removed**

the most important aspect of bipeds are its gait..there's passive gait, dynamic gait and a mix of both..usually ppl will go for passive first..its fix with no feedback loops..dif bipeds have dif centre of gravity..so the way to test out ur gait is actually by trial and error..yep..messy huh? search google then to find other ppl's project..usually they upload their version of gait..

Status
Not open for further replies.