Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Triangle wave single opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpervious

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all. I'm trying to make a triangle wave generator which will act as the pulse train for PWM. Based on the power specifications, I can only use a single opamp to generate the triangle wave (it is intuitive to use two: a square wave generator and an integrator). To do this, I am using a Schmitt trigger to generate a square wave with a 741. Due to the slow slew rate of the 741, the wave at the output closely resembles a triangle wave at 20kHz. My issue, however, is that I need the wave to oscillate from 0-5v, and I cannot figure out how to level-adjust the voltage and still get oscillation. This may a gross oversight by an inexperienced electronics student, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

TheImpervious,

I wouldn't recommend your approach, which means: I would not rely on the slew rate, which differs a bit from one unit to another and which is not temperature stable.
More than that, the reliable determination of the amplitude is a problem (as expected by you).
Why not use two low power opamps instead of one (AUDIOGURU would say: lousy) rather old fashioned 741?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back