Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transistor question????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1- when i use a voltage divider bias or one resistor???????????

transistor.gif

what is the purpose of c3 ???????

You need a voltage gain of 100 which might not be possible if you bias the base with a negative feedback resistor from its collector. It depends on the signal source resistance. If the source resistance is high then the gain is low.

A transistor is never biased with just a single resistor from the supply voltage.

C3 is a bypass(shunt) capacitor. it is used to create an ac ground at the emitter. it is like short circuit during high frequency operations according to the relation.
Xc=1/2ΠfC

where
Xc=capacitive reactance

see more about bypass capacitors here
**broken link removed**

thank alll.........

please how i can calculate (input&output impedance ) for amplifier ?

ANS 1-
The use of single resistor and potential divider bias depend on your application.
fixed biasing is done with single resistor but having stability very low(s=1+\beta ).
and higher the value of S ,lower the stability.

but stability of divider ckt is too high,bcos S has lower value.
s=(1+\beta )Re+Rth/(Rth+(1+\beta )Re)

ANS 2
as posted by other friends.........

thanks allllllll...........

please how i can calculate (input&output impedance ) for amplifier ????

Input impedance is (R1 in parallel with R2 in parallel with the transistor input impedance). The transistor input impedance is (re * hfe). re is the dynamic emitter resistor which is 0.025/Ie at room temperature (Ie = emitter current in amps).

Output impedance is R4.

Keith.

Input impedance is (R1 in parallel with R2 in parallel with the transistor input impedance). The transistor input impedance is (re * hfe). re is the dynamic emitter resistor which is 0.025/Ie at room temperature (Ie = emitter current in amps).

Output impedance is R4.

Keith.

then>>>>>>.

input imedance =

r1 and r2 in parallel = 4.6 k

and

re=.025 / (9MA "approximately")=2.7 ohm

transistor input impedance is (re * hfe) =( 2.7 * 100hfe)=270ohm

total is 4.6k+2700ohm=7.3k input impedance

Is this true or false

thank all

Last edited:

Close. The 4.6k is in parallel with the transistor input impedance so 4.6k//2.7k = 1.7k.

Keith.

Close. The 4.6k is in parallel with the transistor input impedance so 4.6k//2.7k = 1.7k.
Keith.

Why 2.7k ? 2.7*1000 (that is: hfe=1000) ? What about 270 ohms for 9 milliamps?

Woops, yes you are right. I copied the 2700 ohms from the previous post without spotting it was wrong.

Keith

THANK ALL.....

INPUT IMPEDANCE = 4.6K / 270 OHM = 17K

I CORRECT IT IN MY previous post FROM 2700 TO 270 OHM

No, it is 4.6k in parallel with 270 ohms so 255 ohms. "parallel" is often written as "//".

Keith.

The purpose of C3 is to act as a by-pass capacitor for your amplifier, so effectively at high frequencies, the capacitor shunts the resistor and you have a common emmitter BJT amplifier. Also, in addition to using C3 as a bypass capacitor, if you choose the value properly, u might be able to use it as a bandwidth extension for your amplifier by choosing C3 such that it produces a zero to cancel out a pole at the collector :).

**broken link removed**

how i can calculate value of r1 and r2 !!!!!!!!1

الكثير من الشرف
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.