Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transimpedance amplifier scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppet.rhapsody

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
transimpedance amplifier profile in 2009

Hi, all.

I am trying to design a transimpedance amplifier as an input to an ADC. I have a current source which varies between 4 mA and 5 mA, and ADC input range is from 0.36 V to 1.56 V.

Any helpful suggestions please ?

Thank you very much.

YUI

I have solved your problem:

Solving the problem using two opamps.

Stage1 converts difference in current into difference in voltage. The value of the resistor R1 make sure that gain is correct. However the voltage out is inverted and at wrong level.

Stage2 has a gain of -1. And the Uref make Uout to right level.

Thanks a lot for your help, Prototype.

I should have mentioned with the last post, but, unfortunately, I do not have negative voltage available in my system. Available voltage range is 0 - 5 or 0 - 3.3 V. I'm sorry about this.

Anyways, I appreciate for your kind response, and I'll try to figure out the similar configuration based on your design.

Sincerely,

YUI

Status
Not open for further replies.