Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer test ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineer1000

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
On a transformer specification the primary turns = 43 and the secondary = 30. The test ratio of 0.837.
I'm a bit confused as to what this figure is. As 30/43=0.697 so it's not the turns ratio.
Can anyone enlighten me please

Are you sure 43 and 30 are turns and not the primary and secondary inductances ?
In this case, since L is proportional to N², then:

N2/N1=V2/V2=sqrt(L2/L1)

sqrt(30/43)=0.835

Are you sure 43 and 30 are turns and not the primary and secondary inductances ?
In this case, since L is proportional to N², then:

N2/N1=V2/V2=sqrt(L2/L1)

sqrt(30/43)=0.835

Sadly not definately the turns ratio

could you post the complete specs ?

could you post the complete specs ?

Apply 43 turns to the primary using 32/0.112 litz wire
Apply two layers polytester tape
Apply 30 turns to the secondary
Apply black acetate black tape
Voltage proof at 2kv between windings
test turns ratio and polarity
TEST RATIO = 8.37
That's about it

Hello engineer1000,

how do you test the turn ratio?

Can it be, that you get a feetback between your measure frequency and the inductance of the winding. So you get a higher voltage and and the fault in your measure.

Regards

Rainer

Yes, at a first glance I didn't focus on the word "TEST". As rfredel said it could be something related to the measurement method. Anything is written about testing ?
By the way, in the last post you wrote test ratio=8.37, while in the first it was 0.837 which one is correct ?

Status
Not open for further replies.