Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transceiver recommmendations .. anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ysbabario

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i am currently looking for a transceiver or VCO that has a low phase noise of around 70dBc at 200kHz from the carrier frequency.
Frequency application should be around 800Mhz to 1000MHz. Anyone out there has any recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

There is a large difference between a transceiver and a VCO.

Anyway, take a look at CC1101 from TI, it has ~90dBc at 200kHz and works in the unlicensed ISM bands.
If you need a simpler design, you can also have a look at old CC1020.

I hope it can help.
Mazz

If you want REALLY low noise use a crystal oscillator of low noise and take and filter one of it's higher harmonics to match your frequency. If you need a VCO then you can find some low noise broadband vco's ftom Maxim-ic. I do not know many dealers selling these but farnell or gk-electrnocs.gr should have these chips. The whole thing in such frequencies is much easier to make if you use chips.

Thanks for the info. Wil be getting in some samples for evaluations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back