Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TPS7A3001DGNT thermal analysis

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have looked at the datasheet of TPS7A3001DGNT. In equation (3) a formula is given for power dissipation.

[P][/D] = ( [V][/IN] - [V][/OUT] ) ( [/MAX] + ([V][/IN]) ( [/Q]))

What is ) [/Q]) ?

Sorry, there is a problem in writing equations here in the editor. If I click under the three dots there comes an option f(x), I guess this option is for writing equation but then it gives me an error that "We run into a problem. The requested page could not be found."
--- Updated ---

Also, the equation (10) it says.

T_T is the temperature at the center-top of the device package.
T_B is the PCB temperature measured 1 mm away from the device package on the PCB surface.

Are these both temperatures (T_T and T_B) representing temperatures at power off state ?

--- Updated ---

I wanted to this equation (3) but not able to correct it. There is something wrong in the editor.
--- Updated ---

I manage to write equations in word document. I did some calculations. Kindly check and let me know if they are correct. I guess I do not need any heat sink.

Attachments

• Untitled 604.png
    Untitled 604.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Untitled 605.png
    Untitled 605.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Untitled 606.png
    Untitled 606.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Untitled 607.png
    Untitled 607.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hi,

Is it really asking too much for a link to the datasheet? .. or at least a screenshot of the detail you are asking about? (from a long term member, as you are)
It´s really time consuming and prone for misunderstandings and errors.

In equation 3.. there is no "Q" but there is "IQ".

IQ usually is the quiescent current.

I have to admit that the datasheet should use consistent abbreviations.
In the "Electrical Characteristics section" they specify: Ground current IGND.

--> use IGND instead of IQ in the formula 3. See figures 3...7.

Klaus

Sorry the problem was that I could not write "IQ" in the editor here. And I search for quiescent current but in the datasheet I find nothing for quiescent current. I see in Figures 3 to 7, the I_GND is in mA range and maybe ignore in calculations.

Here is the link to the datasheet.

I manage to write equations in word document. I did some calculations. Kindly check and let me know if they are correct. I guess I do not need any heat sink.

Attachments

• Untitled 607.png
    Untitled 607.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 36

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back