Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Total n00b needs power amplifier circuit design guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbreslin951

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
howdy y'all. I'm very new to electronics. I'm currently an electrician, so I have a fairly good understand of the basic fundamentals of electricity. Power supply systems are much simpler than the devices they supply =P. I'd eventually like to design and build a few different audio amps, but how do I get there? What are some good learning resources? Like I said I'm a noob, I'm familiar with ohm's law, but that's about it. I'd like to get my hands dirty with some simple audio circuits at first, and start building complexity from there. Just need some ideas and direction. Thanks y'all!

Maybe this sounds 'old school' but start at your local library, they might have some good introductory books (or maybe some other interesting stuff). When I first got interested in electronics back in the Pleistocene era, I got the Radio Amateur's Handbook (ARRL) which, although its main focus is radio, has a good introduction to the fundamentals of electronics. And there is, of course, the web. You can get a lot of information from the manufacturers' websites, National, Texas Instruments, Analog Devices, etc.

Good luck.

Try Malvino or Boylestad for intuitive understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.