Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Total length of a meander dipole antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameels2000

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IS it a must the total wire length of a meander dipole antenna to be the same as the conventional linear dipole antenna specially that i am interested to use quarter wavelength as an axial length in the meanderline dipole case ?

Thanks

Bending the antenna "arms" won't change feedpoint impedance unless the two 1/4 lengths become parallel to each other, then the system may start to act as a transmission line instead. Can you provide a better description. I suspect you are looking at the 3 to 30 MHZ region and I suspect the parameter you are looking at is feedpoint impedeance.

Bending the antenna "arms" won't change feedpoint impedance
Do you really believe? As with any electrical small antenna, the feedpoint impedance real part (or "radiation resistance")
can be expected to decrease considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back