Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tolerance of bondwire inductance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDF

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
inductance of aluminum bondwire

Hi, all
Do you know what's the typical variation of bondwire inductor in terms
of inductance and Q value? I need a typical value.

Anyone had studied on it?

The shape and length of the wire may vary when processes of forming the bondwire inductor are performed and the inductance of the inductor may gradually vary.
You have to allocate up to +/-20% tolerance for this variation.
Q of a bondwire inductor is greater than 40.
I have used successfully in Power Amplifiers modules for integrated output RF chokes.

vfone said:
The shape and length of the wire may vary when processes of forming the bondwire inductor are performed and the inductance of the inductor may gradually vary.
You have to allocate up to +/-20% tolerance for this variation.
Q of a bondwire inductor is greater than 40.
I have used successfully in Power Amplifiers modules for integrated output RF chokes.

Thanks,
What's the operating frequency? several GHz?
the material is gold?

Bondwires are gold or aluminum. Gold is generally preferred because of its higher conductivity and flexibility.
Bondwire inductance is sensitive to bonding geometry and the existence of neighboring bondwires.
Yes, frequency is up to several GHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back