Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TO-50 foorprint in protel99se

Status
Not open for further replies.

shankyj

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i am not able to get the footprint for TO50 package in protel 99se. got TO 52 footprint in the library.
can any1 help me out.

can u please tell d procedure to creating a new footprint..
thanks..

It has been a very long time since I have used Protel99... but I will give it a go.

This is what I would do:
1. Have 99 opened with current pcb database you desire to place TO50 in.
2. Make PCB library. Select >> Design\Make PCB library. (New library should open with all parts in crrent PCB database included)
3. In new library created from PCB right click inside the components window on PCB navigator tab. Select "Create New Blank Component" (or you could copy an existing component and modify it to meet requirement)
4. Name new component as desired
5. Select>> Place\Pad (before placing pad you can hit the tab key on keyboard to modify pad as needed)
6. Place pads on board as per the datasheed for component.
7. Place silkscreen and any other graphics as needed.
8. After scucessfully creating component you will have to make sure this new library you had created from pcb is added into design. (I believe you can add libraries from your navigator toolbar.
9. Schematic will have to have the same name for footprint as new component.
10. re-synch schematic and pcb and you should be done.

Eda

i don know how to see thd pad dimensions and other dimensions frm the figure of datasheet. After selection of a PAD, i had pressed tab option and then i got following PROPERTIES:-

X-size : 60mil
Y-size : 60mil
Shape : round

ATTRIBUTES:-
Designator : 1
Hole size : 30mil
layer : multiLayer
Rotation : 0.00
X-location : -100mil
Y-location : -40mil

and few check boxes
Selection,
Test Point -> Top or Bottom

so please let me knw what shall i enter the values and further hw shall i follow, as i am using pcb design software for 1st time.[/u]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back