Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TL082 output current

Status
Not open for further replies.

manishanand14

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends

Please tell me the max output current which TL081,TL082,TL084 can deliver.
If we use all 4 op-amps of TL084, then is there any chance of loading.

Hi,

Please download the datasheet. Then look for "output current". Often there are two values: I_OH and I_OL.
One tells you the current it can source (from V+), the other is the sink current (to V-).

Klaus

The output voltage has a voltage drop when it supplies output current. The datasheet from Texas Instruments shows a graph of typical maximum output voltage when the supply is plus and minus 15V when the load resistance is changed. Use Ohm's Law to calculate the current.

The graph is for a "typical" device but some are less and some are more.

Attachments

• TL08x output current.png
    TL08x output current.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 139

Please tell me the max output current which TL081,TL082,TL084 can deliver.
If we use all 4 op-amps of TL084, then is there any chance of loading.

Hi
You could see the data sheet and looking for something like short circuit current !
Making op amps in parallel together isn't a good idea ! you need more current simply use a current booster !

Best Wishes
Goldsmith

You must calculate the amount of heating in the IC. In my image from the datasheet, if the power supply is plus and minus 15V and the output current from each opamp is 19mA then the output transistor has a voltage of 15V - 9.5V= 5.5V and heats with 19mA x 5.5V = 105mW. The maximum allowed dissipation is listed on the datasheet as a total of 680mW for any package. Then any "typical" device will be fine but a device that is not typical might over-heat. The datasheet shows that many spec's are changed when the opamp heats.

What are you driving that needs a lot of accurate current?

Clipboard02.png

Zout is derived from curve by Vmax /2 where maximum power transfer occurs but internal losses must be compared with ratings for maximum load current.

Hi Amperage Op Amps exist for demanding jobs and complementary emitter followers may be added inside the feedback loop as buffers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back