Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TL082 op amp output is shifted

Status
Not open for further replies.

miscaller

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using TL082 amplifier to get the gain of 10.Input of circuit is 10mV(10m to -10m) sine wave but the output i get is 50m to -150m.My output is shifted(50mv down).
Can anybody tell me the reason.
Schematics and output are given below.I m using non inverting configuration of op amp.Will inverting configuration may solve my problem?
Secondly,when i make it two stage amplifier and replicate that schematics for 10*10=100 gain Proteus gives me error
Matrix is singular.

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

So please help to solve these problems

Waiting your replies

My first idea is the input offset voltage which in this case would be approx. 5mvolts (data sheet: 5...20mvolts).
By the way: Your noninv. amplifier has a gain of 11.

Is the offset output the result of a practical construction or a simulation? If it's a practical one, here are some possible reasons:

1. DC bias in the signal.
2. Opamp input offset
3. Offset in + and - power supply

What's the output when there's no input?

I am using TL082 amplifier to get the gain of 10.Input of circuit is 10mV(10m to -10m) sine wave but the output i get is 50m to -150m.My output is shifted(50mv down). Can anybody tell me the reason.
Your opAmp has an offset voltage of -5mV (see TL08x datasheet; this value is within the spec.); -5mV*10=-50mV output offset.
Use TL081 for simple offset nulling.

Will inverting configuration may solve my problem?
No.

Secondly,when i make it two stage amplifier and replicate that schematics for 10*10=100 gain Proteus gives me error
Matrix is singular.
Just a guess: Try with a shorter time step.

Status
Not open for further replies.