Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Throughput in WiFi

noori.re

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.
I have a general question?
I want to get max throughput in a WiFi FE in 5 GHz band. Normally I need high degree of modulation. 1024 QAM I think. As I know it is very sensitive to phase noise.
At the end question is that how can I reach throughout throughput? Which one os more effective? Using MIMO; using a LNA right after antenna? Using BAW filter + LNA...
Is there any other suggestion?
Thanks

If your chip solution already support MIMO then MIMO will be better and more simple. I read some online info saying that MIMO reduce indoor fading which could gain around 10dB.

The following measures can be considered:

Use advanced modulation: Using higher order modulation (such as 1024 QAM) can transmit more data in the same frequency bandwidth, but also makes the signal more sensitive to noise and interference. Make sure your system can maintain sufficient signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) at high-order modulations for a stable connection.

Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO): MIMO technology allows multiple antennas to be used for communication at the same time, increasing throughput. With proper hardware support, using multiple antennas for space diversity can reduce multipath interference and improve signal quality.

Low Noise Amplifier (LNA): Using an LNA after the antenna can boost the strength of the received signal, thereby reducing the impact of received noise. This can be very helpful for improving signal quality, especially over long distances or low signal strength.

Filters: Using a Surface Acoustic Wave filter (BAW) can help remove spurious signals at the front end of the receiver, thereby improving signal quality. This is especially useful in high-density signal environments to reduce adjacent channel interference.

Channel bandwidth: Consider using wider channel bandwidths, which can increase data transfer rates. However, this will also increase the effect of interference and noise, so make sure the signal-to-noise ratio is still high enough.

Signal conditioning: At the sending end, the reliability of data can be improved by using modulation techniques, error detection and correction codes, etc., thereby reducing the need for retransmission and further improving throughput.

Frequency Planning and Interference Management: Select appropriate frequencies and channels to avoid interference, especially in high-density WiFi environments.

Hardware Quality: Using high-quality hardware components, including antennas, LNAs, and filters, can improve system performance.

The following measures can be considered:

Use advanced modulation: Using higher order modulation (such as 1024 QAM) can transmit more data in the same frequency bandwidth, but also makes the signal more sensitive to noise and interference. Make sure your system can maintain sufficient signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) at high-order modulations for a stable connection.

Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO): MIMO technology allows multiple antennas to be used for communication at the same time, increasing throughput. With proper hardware support, using multiple antennas for space diversity can reduce multipath interference and improve signal quality.

Low Noise Amplifier (LNA): Using an LNA after the antenna can boost the strength of the received signal, thereby reducing the impact of received noise. This can be very helpful for improving signal quality, especially over long distances or low signal strength.

Filters: Using a Surface Acoustic Wave filter (BAW) can help remove spurious signals at the front end of the receiver, thereby improving signal quality. This is especially useful in high-density signal environments to reduce adjacent channel interference.

Channel bandwidth: Consider using wider channel bandwidths, which can increase data transfer rates. However, this will also increase the effect of interference and noise, so make sure the signal-to-noise ratio is still high enough.

Signal conditioning: At the sending end, the reliability of data can be improved by using modulation techniques, error detection and correction codes, etc., thereby reducing the need for retransmission and further improving throughput.

Frequency Planning and Interference Management: Select appropriate frequencies and channels to avoid interference, especially in high-density WiFi environments.

Hardware Quality: Using high-quality hardware components, including antennas, LNAs, and filters, can improve system performance.
Thank you. Very comprehensive. Can be used as a reference.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: