Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Through Hole IR Sensor Interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaeemAhmad

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Opto-Switch Interfacing

Hello,
I am basically trying to interface a through-hole IR opto-switch sensor (**broken link removed**) with Atmel 89S51 uC for counting purposes (i.e. I intend it to generate clock pulses when something opaque passes through its slit). I want to connect it to Timer 0 of uC.

1. What circuit should I use to bias the sensor and what components should I place between sensor output and timer 0 input pin?
2. Should I make P3.4 (T0 Pin) high during programming (as it is input), as it will receive external clock signals?
3. Can I output from Port 3 simultaneously while inputting clock signal at Timer 0 (P3.4)?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Problem solved!
1. Connect 555 Timer (or some Schmitt Trigger device, though I haven't tested the Schmitt Trigger solution) at the output of the slit-hole IR sensor. The circuit diagram can be found **broken link removed**.
2. Make P3.4 high, for safe-side.
3. Yes you can! Make sure you make it an input pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back