Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thoughts on Power Supply Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deltatango

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Building a variable power supply out of bits, the base power from a computer supply I got that had blown up (now fixed) fitted with a more modern control system to enable it economy working under light loading with wide mains input.
On the 4 x 12v outputs it has I was going to fit four BGTXINGI dc to dc converters to have a variable output from <2v to 30v range.

My query would be should I put a diode on each output (1Kv 20A) or a resistor <0.1R say to give some protection/isolation from each other, will also be putting a reverse connected diode on the output anyway to catch those spikes or reverse voltages.

May not be a great design but should handle up to 20A I think with the heat spread around.

Many thanks from David

Status
Not open for further replies.