Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the restrict size model of hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

si_green

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss model dimensions

Building model have the following the warning,

[warning] Model dimensions are beyond the range of 1e-006 to 10000

I want to ask that it will affect the result???

and how to avoid the warning.

thanks!!!

hfss modeling dimensions

another question:

[warning] Warning - Boundary 'Rad1', Boundary 'WavePort1' : Boundaries overlap.

This warning will affect the results???

thanks!!!

model dimensions are beyond the range hfss error

Model dimensions should be in the region 1e-006 to 10000 of your current default units.For example if the default length units are mm model dimensions should not be less than 1e-006mm or larger than 10000mm.So i suggest that you change default length units(tools->options->general options->default units).As far as the boundary is concerned check boundary display(solver view) in hfss menu.If both boundaries are visible to solver then since ports have the highest priority things should be ok.

hfss warning message model dimensions are beyond

Hello :

I don't know what is your stracture , but if your stracture is an antenna and you draw a radiation box for it , you should know :

the massage "[warning] Warning - Boundary 'Rad1', Boundary 'WavePort1' : Boundaries overlap. " usaully appears when you chooses your feeding port in the radiation box so you should choose it out of the radiation box .

good luck

hfss model dimension 1e-006

Hi si_green.
The massage "[warning] Warning - Boundary 'Rad1', Boundary 'WavePort1' : Boundaries overlap. " not affects return loss and radiation paterns, beacuse HFSS asume it WavePort automatically. But I believe that if you use lumped port (if your structure accepts it), radiation blockage of port can be reduced.

Regards
KMPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back