Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the question about VT in bandgap

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrbice

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi:guys!
I am new here. You can call me Robin.
recently, I have been researching this bandgap stuff.
Theoretically, Vref=Vbe+K*VT,but in simulation,the VT is not ideally PTAT.

I cannot help wondering : if the Vt is not ideally PTAT,how am I supposed to get an parabolic curve as the book tell us?
Further, Vt is not a PTAT ideally voltage, is it possible to get a temperature compensation?

Is this all because the model of Vbe?

thanks in advance!

Yes, you can have the compensation with non-ideal PTAT VT. Process is not exactly same.

thanks,leo.
but the problem is if the Vptat is not ideally PTAT, how am I supposed to get the theoretical convex curve?
Further more ,how to compensate the Vtln(T/T0) if the Vptat itself is not ideal?

the error sources that cause nonideal ptat behavior is by beta, finite base impedance. normally a beta is properly modeled in the design kit, but base impedance is not. you may keep the current density low to minimize its effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back