Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The difference between KSVR and PSRR parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

chang830

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
For some Class-d audio amplifier, I found the PSRR and KSVR specifications in the datasheet. I wonder what is the descranpancy between these twp specs?

Thanks a lot

ac psrr measurement

PSRR and KSVR are used to evaluate the rejection abilities to DC and AC variations of the power supply respectively. So PSRR is always a value, and KSVR is a figure with spectrum.

chang830

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
class d psrr

rockycheng said:
PSRR and KSVR are used to evaluate the rejection abilities to DC and AC variations of the power supply respectively. So PSRR is always a value, and KSVR is a figure with spectrum.

thanks rockycheng for the reply.

I am still a bit puzzled by it because I also found some datasheet/articles gives the PSRR a figure vs. freq.

If I sweep the freq from DC-high freq and monitor the output variation rejections vs. supply, is that gives the PSRR and KSVR both?Why we put it apart.

BTW, what the KSVR stand for?

Thanks

ksvr power sully

Supply voltage rejection,

chang830

ac psrr vs dc psrr

safwatonline said:
Supply voltage rejection,

Thanks safwatonline!

Then what "K" stand for?

using psrr from datasheet

PSRR should only be measured at 0 Hz. You change the supply voltage, and read the variation of the output.

KSVR is actually an AC PSRR measurement using a sweep over the audio frequency range.

The KSVR vs. PSRR

the K doesn't stand for any thing , actually the SVR is subscribt to the symbol K , just like Kvco.

chang830

Re: using psrr from datasheet

rockycheng said:
PSRR should only be measured at 0 Hz. You change the supply voltage, and read the variation of the output.

KSVR is actually an AC PSRR measurement using a sweep over the audio frequency range.

Your definition of PSRR sounds like line regulation

The KSVR vs. PSRR

Often a "K" factor is a forward gain while PSRR is its
dB-scale inverse (rejection ratio).

The KSVR vs. PSRR

the below is from TI

The supply rejection ratio, kSVR, is the same as the power supply rejection ratio, PSRR. It is defined as the absolute value of the ratio of the change in supply voltages to the resulting change in input offset voltage. Typically both supply voltages are varied symmetrically. It is expressed in dB.

The power voltage affects the bias point of the input differential pair. Because of the inherent mismatches in the input circuitry, changing the bias point changes the offset voltage, which, in turn, changes the output voltage.

For a dual-supply op amp, kSVR = DVCC�/DVOS or DVDD�/DVOS. The term DVCC� means that the plus and minus power supplies are changed symmetrically. For a single-supply op amp, kSVR = DVCC/DVOS or DVDD/DVOS. Also note that the mechanism that produces kSVR is the same as for CMRR. Therefore kSVR as published in the data sheet is a dc parameter like CMRR. When kSVR is graphed vs. frequency, it falls off as the frequency increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back