Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The comparison between VB6 and VB.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcwong3

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
VB6 vs VB.NET

Can anyone give me some comparison between VB6 and VB.NET?

Can we make exe file by using VB.NET from VB6 source code?

Re: VB6 vs VB.NET

If you searche the net you will find big number of sites explaining more in detail the diference.

In general the basic language is not the same in .net as in 6. There are a lot of big changes in structure and the code for 6 needs to be converted to .net and can not be converted back.

For a small program the conversion shold work but for larger applications it probably would involve some redoing of code as well.

Also the vb runtime dll's from old days is replaced with the .net framework. The framework needs to be installed on the computer just as the dll's used to but is about 23MB of install files. For a larger application this might not be a problem and you might benefit from the .net improvements but for smaller simple programs my opinion is that this is not an option...

re Me

VB6 vs VB.NET

one more thing is that the .net is Objected Oriented Programming that is big change.

VB VS VB.NET
1- VB.Net is fully object oriented while VB is partially object oriented. VB supports only classes not inheritance.
2- No DLL registration problem in VB.Net(Assemblys or managed code)
3- Common language Runtime(CLR) and Intermediate Language(IL) support is there in .Net so that you can use both the code of VB.Net and C# etc in one application, while VB can have only one compiler and run time.
4- More impovement in Efficiency and UI in .Net

Can any one recommend good vb.net books or links for me?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back