Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Basics of Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solderbox

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am interested in learning to program on a PC an a MAC. I am confused by the number of programming languages. What is the most widely used programming language (despite level of difficulty) and also what are the most basic programming languages to learn? I ask because I do not want to learn a language that is not commonly used and therefore would have little relevance to my application.

Even though Python is a scripting language it's pretty much a full featured software language too. As the book is free I was using this to pick up Python, which I've currently abandoned and have gone back to using Perl. :-o

You could try C/C++ but I think you should read the introduction of the Think Python/How to Think Like a Computer Scientist before that.

BTW I'm a hardware type, and I certainly don't think like a computer scientist. So you can just imaging what my software programs look like 8-O.

The c programming language is the mother language of all programming languages. so first you get the knowledge of c and c++.

after that you can learn java or dot net. both are widely used in software development as well as web development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back