Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

testing ECU hold-up capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldrunning2002

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

my project is:

I plug a device into the USB port onto a computer containing a embedded micro with eeprom or flash memory.

When i pull the device out of the USB port, data has to be written to non volatile memory. The way i achieve this is as follows, the USB 5 volts gets boosted to 25V then the energy gets stored in the hold-up capacitor at high voltage.

If the power to an USB device has failed for more than two milliseconds an internal interrupt is generated inside the embedded micro controller allowing data to be committed to non-volatile memory.

While running of the hold-up capacitor, and after the two millisecond interrupt, and every 100 microseconds, a binary base-1 hold-up time counter is incremented and written to non-volatile memory, so on the next power cycle, the state of the capacitors ability to store charge, and the true capacitance of the hold-up capacitor is known.

Does anyone know any eeprom devices that are good for tally counting in base-1 binary, say 2K bits?

Status
Not open for further replies.