Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Test points in a PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolgaleb

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to add test points to a transceiver board that operates in the Ku band. I want to be able to follow the RF path and also check the control and power signals on the PCB. Where should I place the test points and how do I implement them in such a way that they do not disturb the RF path? Also, what are my options for control lines and power signals so that I can probe with an oscilloscope and/or multimeter.

Once you connect a scope, meter, etc., you’ve upset the RF path. I would not recommend test points, per se, in the RF path, just use component terminals or bare traces.

For slower power and control lines you can just use vias or install actual test points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back