Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Test bench for electrical & electronics facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranbeer Singh

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am making a test bench for testing transformers, MCB, contactor, electronics components, clock generator, pulse timing and other electronics facts. I d'not have any experience in this field (Lab). Nothing make like Stereotypes in it, It will grow up by over thinking. It's so interesting topic and will be found how can we think better and better. Will you help me to add the advance features in my test bench? I want to make it universal type.

Please see the picture has given below, It will be my base point.
33988-3419755.jpg

It's a bit short on mains sockets, IMO you need several and switched ones at that.

Big shutdown switch\button to isolate it all.

Somewhere for the coffee :)

Hi

I am trying to start from transformers testing. I want to check it's output current capability, any ripple, output as it specification and output frequency.
I have a oscilloscope, multi-meter, 15A variable supply and 500w variable resister.
What extra tools will be required for this testing?
How to test it in advance way?

Some stuffs I had in my work stand, which did't see at your picture:

• It is usual to use an LCD(VGA) monitor for general purposes, therefore you could check if could be made fixing holes for screws, right above of top shelf.
  • Desklamp, prefereably with magnifying glass.
  • Another resource often needed, particularly for your application concerning to test power devices, is to reserve a region to place resistive loads.
  • Could also need extra ventilation/exhaustion to spread soldering vapours.
  • Anti-static mat
  • Local breaker, to protect the office's installations ( as Mattylad already mentioned )
  • Varivolt transformer ( be aware that weighs heavily ! )

It is usual to use an LCD(VGA) monitor for general purposes, therefore you could check if could be made fixing holes for screws, right above of top shelf.
Desklamp, prefereably with magnifying glass.
Another resource often needed, particularly for your application concerning to test power devices, is to reserve a region to place resistive loads.
Could also need extra ventilation/exhaustion to spread soldering vapours.
Anti-static mat
Local breaker, to protect the office's installations ( as Mattylad already mentioned )
Varivolt transformer ( be aware that weighs heavily ! )

Verynice points.

As explained above, that i am starting from transformer testing. I have arranged a variable voltage for transformer input and variable resister for transformer secondary load apply. I will test output with load or without load & check how much voltages drop, Is it not heating with long time load apply?

What in your opinion and what should be check?

Is it not heating with long time load apply?

In general, heating test in transformer is not required to perform at each part, neither at the first one of each lot, but in worst case at the first part of a new model, but if it operates at its ratings limits it is fairly appropriate. Anyway, you might take in account the operation scheme at which the transformer will be subjected. For instance, there are equipaments built with transformers a bit undersized to its nominal power rating, such as no-breaks(ups) based on inverting batteries. This can be achieved due to equipment autonomy not exceed the time needed to heat the core due to hysteresis, therefore the 'long time load' test you mentioned above should be conform to the context at which this transformer is employed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back