Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Terminal connected to two Network at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dean_winchester

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a question.
If a Terminal is connected on one network (Say internet), Now, is it possible that it remain connected to Internet, but also connect to another network which can be WiFi or other wired one. ?

I think it should ....But can at the same time it access the communication from both of the connection ..... I think NO bcz ...Network as a service will at time can only access the data from one of the service-

refer the Picture attached

I think you are saying two network One on wifi and other on wire ......I think there is one key information that you need to have for other network....but for the accessibility it goes with the network with higher bandwidth...

Good Luck

Last edited:

ok. thanks for reply..
but, at one time it can access data info from one network right?? bcoz of IP conflict ???

the gateways are different, as are DNS, DHCP whatever; so the host can figure it out, also hosts file can be altered to ensure speedy connections in case of more than 1 possible route

say 192.168.0.0 dgw 192.168.0.254 dns 192.68.0.254 dhcp 192.168.0.254 no access to internet but access to LAN via ethernet
say 10.0.0.0 dgw 10.0.0.1 dns 10.0.0.1 dhcp 10.0.0.1 access to the internet but not local LAN connected to internet via WLAN

You can create a new virtual connection that is a done by selecting the two connections and then choosing CREATE A BRIDGE of two existing ethernet connections. But not Wifi to my experience. Even if accepted only one worked. and mask was wide enough to include both domains . Maybe its possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.