Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temperature controlled fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfacen

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I like sleeping with the ceiling fan on, the problem is that at night is very hot when I go to bed so I turn it on at max speed. Early in the morning the temperature goes down a bit so I have to go out of bed to turn the fan to a lower setting. Is there a circuit to control the fan so it runs fast when is hot and slows down a bit when it gets colder ?
I have experience programming PIC's but I was looking for a simpler design.

I can't open the file, what program was created with ?

A very inestristing & useful thinking. I think a temperature sensor would help you.

first question is are you familiar with the circuit of the fan? and how do you want to contol the fan? do you basically need a some sort of robot arm that will change setting it as the temperature changes? or do you want to modify actual circuit of the fan? Me being EE student would reccomend modyfing the circuit... I assume that you have standard ceiling fan, which have like a rope connected to a switch that sets the speed. What you need to do is look at that swith... once you understand how it works you can build circuit that has temperature sensor and put it in a place of the switch. My friend did something very similar, he modified the ceiling fan so he could control it with remote. it was quite useful... he didnt have to get up to set the fan, but the problem arouse when he lost the remote

Added after 2 minutes:

i dont think there are controllers already made, you have to make one yourself.... or look for a special fan.

remote/local temperature sensor with SMBUS ADM1032 may help you. I think you'd better use it with PIC and make some change in your fan>
It's funny!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.