Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temperature, Air Pressure, and Altitude on a GUI using Raspberry Pi Pico, Bosch BMP280, and LVGL

Hesambook

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In this article/video, I used a variant of the Pico board (RP2040 Zero), a digital Bosch I2C BMP280 sensor, and a 3.2” SPI ILI9341 colorful TFT display to build a graphical temperature, pressure, and altitude measurement unit that can be used to monitor the home, workplace, mobile devices, vehicles … etc.

The most challenging part of this project is the RP2040 code. I used the Pico C/C++ SDK library and invested significant time in designing the GUI and debugging the code to avoid memory leaks. I engaged both cores of the MCU to run the time-constraint tasks simultaneously.

To design the schematic and PCB, I used Altium Designer 24 and the Octopart website to quickly gather the necessary component information and generate the BOM. You can power the unit using a USB Type-C cable of a mobile charger or your 5V-regulated power source.

Fig-5.jpg

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back