Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Teenager Repellant Device Similar to Mosquito Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossvesq

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Trying to find anyone out here who (a) is familiar with The Mosquito Device that uses high frequency white noice (above 17KHz) to repell teenagers and pre-teens from loitering and (b) has built or tried to build one for himself instead of buying one from the manufacturer and distributor. The dealers sell them for around $1,000, which is too rich for my blood. I've searched the archives, and there's one article in there but it's stale, of little help and the thread died out long ago. I'm wondering if I can build one myself, as it seems that most (all?) of the parts should be available off the shelf at nominal cost. I've read and heard from others that finding a piezo tweeter that can sustain continuous use (at least 20 mins at a time) and is loud enough to carry at least 30 feet might be difficult...... Would appreciate any feedback and thoughts. Seems to me there has to be a cheaper way to build this mousetrap. Thanks in advance.

High power tweeters are not that expensive. I once had a commercial box that was supposed to chase away birds and other animals. I had it near my front door to prevent dove's nesting under the overhang of my roof. It seemed to work. I was also told by my kids, and their friends that it was super annoying when you came up the path to the front door. I couldn't hear a thing so it didn't bother me.:grin: The bird setting indicated a frequency around 18kHz.

High power tweeters are not that expensive. I once had a commercial box that was supposed to chase away birds and other animals. I had it near my front door to prevent dove's nesting under the overhang of my roof. It seemed to work. I was also told by my kids, and their friends that it was super annoying when you came up the path to the front door. I couldn't hear a thing so it didn't bother me.:grin: The bird setting indicated a frequency around 18kHz.

That sounds (pun intended) about right..... 17kHz and above..... Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back