Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synthesis with multiple threshold libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhipeng

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In Encounter RTL Complier, is it possible to specify the tool to use UVT (Ultra-high Threshold Voltage) standard cell library for module A and RVT standard cell libray for all other modules?

Currently, I am using optLeakagePower in postroute stage of Place&Route. However, it seems that a significant portion of cells in module A not being replaced by UVT cells. So I need a way to start module A with only UVT cells, start from the synthesis stage. Thanks!

EDI will swap to HVT cell to reduced power if the slack is not degraded.
Take care the HVT cell have very bad reaction when the supply is lower than 0,8volt like 0.72volt, the delay increased too much.

@zhipeng

Yes, you can- there are two ways 1. create a cpf 2. dedicated RC commands
Basically in both the flows the concept is same you will need to define library sets and power domains.
say libset_A has lib1 lib2 and libset_B has lib3 lib4. now you create power domains and assign module A to one power domainPD1 and say module B to PD2.
Now map each libsets with each power domains in which case only that libset library will be used for that module.

I would suggest a CPF if you wish to use the same flow for PnR as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back