Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

synthesis tcl file though rc compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarfaraz.ahmed

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have written tcl file for one simple circuit including library path which keep all instances.
my source file contain this line: assign out = (~a & b & c) + (a & ~b & c);⁠⁠⁠⁠
it synthesis fine by taking gates from library but when i do like this in source file: nand2 g1 (a, b, out1); then it does not maps and shows warnings in rc compiler and does not maps. please attached find.
Capture.PNG

TCL file keep this info :
set_attribute lib_search_path /home/sarfaraz.ahmed/techlib/FreePDK45/osu_soc/lib/source/signalstorm/files/

## This defines the library to use
set_attribute library gscl45nm.lib

read_hdl /home/sarfaraz.ahmed/RC/test.v

what problems might be there ?

how do you expect the tool to map something called nand2 out of the blue? what if it was called zom23blang9? see what I mean? the name has to a verilog primitive or a REAL PROPER INSTANCE of a standard cell from the library

and most importantly, why are you trying to synthesise gate level logic?

Thanks

I understand what you meant to say. yes you are right, definitely it will not recognize the library cells as there is like "NAND2X1" instance not nand2.

secondly, I need to synthesis as I want to individual cone of the digital circuits. let say 10 outputs then I need 10 different cones of the circuit.
I am running actually some benchmarks of c432 ISCAS-85 circuits and these are in gate levels design. I write TCL to generate output nets of each respective cone.

also If I run the Verilog hierarchical behavioral model of this bench mark. it shows following warnings . please see an attachment.
Capture.PNG

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back